Address: 1231 I Street, Suite 302, Scramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-443-3302 Resources
Qualifications for Apprenticeship
Every apprenticeship program is different, check with your local union.
Requirements: (Basic physical and mental abilities and skills necessary to be considered for apprenticeship in the Elevator industry)
- Understand general arithmetic.
- Speak and write in clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations.
- Understand verbal or written instructions.
- Successful completion of all required National Elevator Industry Educational Program courses.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Ability to learn, practice, and adhere to safety standards.
- Maintain normal attention spans, with intermittent periods of high concentration, to assist the mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations approx. 70% ot the time.
- Perform administrative duties such as data gathering and submitting written reports.
- Walk or stand approx. 90% and sit approx. 10% of the time on the job.
- Lift up to 100 lbs. approx. 75% of the time.
- Perform repetitive stooping, forward bending and crouching approx. 70% of the time.
- Willingness to travel up to 95% of the time.
- Perform essential job functions in field setting with exposure to non-controlled climate conditions.
- Ability and willingness to withstand heights and work in cramped working conditions
- Use hands, arms and feet for repetitive lifting.
- Use hands and arms to operate various hand and power tools and to record written information.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to observe essential functions for satisfactory job performance.
- Ability to perceive color to distinguish color coded wiring components.