Address: 1231 I Street, Suite 302, Scramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-443-3302 Resources
Working in the Trades
Do You Have What It Takes?
A career in the building and construction trades can be a rewarding experience. In addition to excellent pay and benefits, construction offers an opportunity to work outside, to work with your hands and to work as part of a team.
The first step toward a construction career is to determine if this type of work is a good fit with you and your life goals. The next step is to educate yourself about each skilled craft to learn what type of career you want to pursue.
This website provides specific information to help you decide which craft you might enjoy, if a career in construction is right for you, and how to find an apprenticeship program in your area.
Get started here and now by going through these topics to see if you have what it takes.
- Take a Quick Self Assessment Survey
- Want to Learn More About the Building Trades?
- Like to Work Outdoors?
- Enjoy Challenges?
- Like Physical Work?
- Like to Work with Your Hands?
- Want to Earn While You Learn?
- Want to Make Excellent Pay?
- Explore Our Career Ladder
- Want to learn construction industry terms? Click to learn words and phrases used in our website