Address: 1231 I Street, Suite 302, Scramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-443-3302 Resources
Qualifications for apprenticeship
Every apprenticeship is different. Check with your local union.
To apply for the Sheet Metal Workers Apprenticeship:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Applicants under 18 years of age require signature of parent or legal guardian.
- Applicants must have a copy of High School Diploma, GED, of High School proficiency testin English.
- Applicants must pass a math test with score of 70 % or better.
- Information obtained from: www.calapprenticeship.org
The sheet metal specialist translates the theories of science into the practical realities of new equipment and various uses of metal in our everyday life. The work requires specialized training. It requires dexterity, mechanical ability, problem-solving skills, and an ability to get along with people.
Information obtained from: www.smwia.org