Address: 1231 I Street, Suite 302, Scramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-443-3302 Resources
Al Zampa Bridge
- Opened in October 2003, the Al Zampa Memorial Bridge across the Carquinez Strait in the San Francisco Bay is the first new suspension bridge built in the United States since 1973. The bridge is named for an Iron Worker who helped build the Bay Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the original Carquinez Bridge that this one replaced.
- Connects the city of Vallejo and Crockett over the Carquinez Straight.
- Fall 2003
- The erection part of the construction was completed by Spring 2003.
Project Cost :
- The project estimated cost is $220,000,000. Steel Deck Erection cost is $17,200,000.
Steel Deck Dimensions :
- The steel sections vary in size from 79 to 163 feet long and weigh an average of 600 tons each.The deck is 95 feet wide and will accommodate 3 lanes of mixed flow traffic, a carpool lane, two 10 foot wide shoulders and a bike and pedestrian lane.This is the first steel orthotropic deck suspension bridge built in the U.S.