The Boilermaker Apprenticeship Program consists of on-the-job and classroom training. You earn while you learn and are paid by the hour while you are working on the job site.
Program length: 48 months
Starting wages: approximately $22.05
Information obtained from: www.dir.ca.gov
Is Boilermaker the job for you?
Take a minute to answer these questions. Your response to the statements below should help you decide:
1. Are you willing to do demanding and strenuous physical work?
2. Are you NOT afraid of working at heights of 200 to 1000 feet above the ground?
3. Are you willing to travel and live away from home for long periods of time to maintain employment?
4. Are you willing to work in all types of adverse conditions?
5. Are you willing to make a commitment to four years of on-the-job training?
6. Are you willing to complete the self-study lessons and the on-the-job modules?
7. Do you understand that, based on employment conditions, that you may be unemployed from time to time?
8. Are you dedicated to performing a job to the best of your ability and in compliance with employer standards?
9. Are you willing to attend classroom instructions when available in addition to your regular working hours?
10. Are you will to be drug tested and remain drug free?
This information obtained from: http://www.bnap.com