Address: 1231 I Street, Suite 302, Scramento, CA 95814 Phone: 916-443-3302 Resources
About the apprenticeship
Every apprenticeship program is different, check with your local union.
The Boilermaker Apprenticeship Program consists of on-the-job and classroom training. You earn while you learn and are paid by the hour while you are working on the job site.
Program length: 48 months
Starting wages: $24-26/hour
Information obtained from: www.dir.ca.gov
Is Boilermaker the job for you?
Take a minute to answer these questions. Your response to the statements below should help you decide:
- Are you willing to do demanding and strenuous physical work?
- Are you NOT afraid of working at heights of 200 to 1000 feet above the ground?
- Are you willing to travel and live away from home for long periods of time to maintain employment?
- Are you willing to work in all types of adverse conditions?
- Are you willing to make a commitment to four years of on-the-job training?
- Are you willing to complete the self-study lessons and the on-the-job modules?
- Do you understand that, based on employment conditions, that you may be unemployed from time to time?
- Are you dedicated to performing a job to the best of your ability and in compliance with employer standards?
- Are you willing to attend classroom instructions when available in addition to your regular working hours?
- Are you will to be drug tested and remain drug free?
This information obtained from: http://www.bnap.com